Are you planning on doing some travelling on your summer vacation? If so, here are a few friendly reminders and tips about travelling with Invisalign courtesy of Mar Orthodontics :)
Friendly Reminders For Travelling With Invisalign
- Compliance – Your Invisalign aligners need to be worn for at least 20 hours per day.
- Care – Don’t forget to rinse and clean your aligners frequently, and of course make sure to brush and floss after you eat and drink (water is the exception).
Tips For Travelling With Invisalign
- Tip 1 – Bring Extra Aligners – If you’ll be gone for a few weeks, there’s a good chance you’ll need to change your aligners while you’re gone. Keep the new set(s) of aligners in a safe place. We also recommend keeping your current set safe in case you have to put them back in.
- Tip 2 – Pack Invisalign In Your Carry-On – Pack your Invisalign cleaning kit and your extra set(s) of aligners in your carry-on, so that you have them if your luggage is lost.
- Tip 3 – Make Sure Water Is Safe – To prevent getting sick, rinse your aligners and brush your teeth with water that is safe to drink.
- Tip 4 – Take Advantage Of Bathroom Breaks – Bathroom breaks on a road trip are a great time to rinse your aligners and to brush and floss your teeth.
Enjoy your summer vacation!